After the several years of rumours, on September 9th, Apple unveiled the long waited new iPad Pro, a gigantic 12.9 inch tablet in the San Francisco event.
The new iPad Pro is 78% bigger than the iPad Air 2. This extra-large tablet weighing 713 grams and with a 6.9mm thickness almost iPad Air 2 thickness.
iPad Pro packs an Apple’s latest A9X third-generation chip with 64-bit architecture. According to Apple, this new A9X chip’s CPU is 2.5x faster than earlier chip and the Graphics 5x faster than its A7 chip. There is no official information about the amount of RAM. However some unconfirmed news suggests that it could be 4GB.
The iPad Pro features a 12.9-inch (diagonal) Retina display with a resolution of 2732 by 2048. Pixel density is 264 pixels per inch and a total of 5.6 million pixels.
Apple has given the super importance to the audio system. iPad Pro comes with four-speaker audio system.
Apple claims the new sound system like this “With four new high‑fidelity speakers built directly into its unibody, iPad Pro creates an audio experience as big as its display. The new design produces an engaging sound stage with three times the acoustic output of iPad Air. But it goes even further than that. iPad Pro automatically adjusts the orientation of the high frequencies according to how you’re holding it. So whether you’re playing a game or watching a movie, the sound of iPad Pro is more immersive than ever.”
Other features of the iPad Pro include a 1.2MP FaceTime camera on the front, an 8-megapixel iSight camera on the back. Touch ID, finger print scanner also upgraded to second generation.
According to Apple the iPad Pro will have a battery life of 10 hours which is pretty good for the jumbo size screen.
The iPad Pro is also one of the most “green” tablets Apple’s made. It’s constructed PVC-free with recyclable aluminium, arsenic-free display glass, and a mercury-free LED-backlit display.
The iPad Pro will ship in November and starts at USD.799 for the 32GB WiFi model and USD.949 for the 128GB WiFi model. The 128GB LTE version will cost USD.1079
The optional accessories also not cheap. Apple Pencil costs USD.99 and the Smart Keyboard costs USD.169
As usual colures are same as earlier models. iPad Pro will be available in silver, gold and space grey.
Full specs of the iPad Pro
- OS: iOS 9
- Screen Size: 12.9 inch
- Screen Resolution: 2732×2048 with 264ppi
- Screen Type: LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch Retina display
- Processor: A9X third-generation chip with 64‑bit architecture
- Coprocessor: M9 motion coprocessor
- Storage: 32GB / 128GB
- Cellular: 128GB
- Front Camera: 1.2MP photos, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 720p HD video recording, Backside illumination, Auto HDR photos and videos, Improved face detection, Burst mode, Exposure control, Timer mode
- Rear Camera: 8MP iSight camera, Autofocus, ƒ/2.4 aperture, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR ﬁlter, Backside illumination, Improved face detection, Exposure control, Panorama (up to 43MP), Burst mode, Tap to focus, Photo geotagging, Timer mode
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- Wi-Fi: Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
- GPS: Digital Compass, iBeacon microlocation
- Sensors: Touch ID, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor
- Fingerprint: Touch ID (second generation)
- Height : 305.7mm
- Width: 220.6mm
- Depth: 6.9mm
- Weight : 713 grams
- Battery: 3850mA
To see the Comparison of iPad models please click here
Picture screenshots : Apple website